Based on visual problem solving, this project has students blending together an animal and an inanimate object.
Here is the lesson I present to students.
Directions: Day One
1. Start by dividing sketchbook pages into 2 sections.
2. Select two items, one from the first category, one from the second category, or think of a similar item not listed.
3. Try to “cross-breed” these two items in a drawing. (look at examples on the back.)
4. Select another two and continue cross-breeding these into new creations.
5. These are preliminary sketches for tomorrow.
1. Select one and draw it LARGE.
a. Include a name for this new creation.
b. Also include a background/setting for the creature.
Day Three-and on
1. Color using colored pencils, markers.
2 ideas in sketchbook 20
Successful cross link 20
Name and environment 10
Finished with color 30