Just reviewed my blog: Last time we tried visual puns was 3 years ago. Here is our faithful attempt.
1. Introduce puns. Ask any kids if they know any, whats its definition. (a play on words.) Look up a list of puns on internet. Laugh. Visual puns are similar. Type that in Google and look at some examples.
2. Give the "Unusual Flower Names " packet with above list and imagery to students. They need to pick 4.
3. In their sketchbook, students work out 4 ideas of what it might look like. They bring the book to me and we select one as the best idea.
4. Students then draw the design large on 12 x 18 in. paper.
5. The designs are painted using tempera cakes, a very watercolor-esque technique.